Friday, February 01, 2013

Flashback Friday: February 1, 2013

If you would like to see the impetus behind creating Flashback Fridays please go HERE.

Can you believe it is February already?  I certainly can't.  

This month I'm sharing another image from my sketchbook that I created the same year as the last one, 1992.  

 This image was actually based on a coaster set we had.  Eleven years later and I am still not happy with that kitten's eyes.  The poor thing looks like he has been shocked, or is waiting for the dog to eat him or something else equally unpleasant.  I remember working and reworking them at the time but just couldn't get them right.  I think I finally gave up.  I decided to post this particular image this month because it seems I'm having a run on cat related ideas.  Between the sentiments and cat digi images I've used in a couple of my last cards, it seemed the perfect time to show it.  

Please take note that the images posted in 'Flashback Fridays' are for REFERENCE ONLY.  They are not meant for download they are just to show you another glimpse of my creative self.

TaTa 'til next time,

4 comments:

Suze said...

Okay Lisa - do you know what I saw when I looked at that kitty's eyes. I thought it was looking at a bird it was going to pounce on - or someone was teasing it with something and it is about to pounce! Probably because that is what my darling teenage daughter does with cats and kittens - playfully of course. I love your drawing - it is beautiful and I for one think those eyes are just right.

Pia S said...

I love the facial expression of that kitten! He seems to be on the alert, yes, but he also feels very much "alive" somehow. I think this is a wonderful drawing.

ike said...

Oh that's so sweet Lisa. I too love the expression on the kitty. Fabulous :-) xxx

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Lisa, this is a lovely drawing, they look so sweet together! very good job! Hugs, Mat