Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Card Design: Delightful Inspiration January Challenge

It is time for me to post my card for the Delightful Inspiration, formerly known as Designed 2 Delight, progressive stamp of the month challenge.  In order to enter this challenge, you must either have received the latest image by having participated in the previous month or you can buy the stamp for the current month's challenge.  Everyone who enters and follows the rules is a winner because you automatically get the stamp for the next month's challenge.  Stop by the site and check out the rules for yourself.  While you are there, have a look around.  They have some really great images.  This is the card I'm entering for the January challenge.

Front of the card...


A closer look at the front...


Here is the inside of the card...


Here are the card details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...

General Notes:
  • One of the challenges I'm entering calls for hearts and dots.  I'm might be pushing with this entry but if you look closely at the sentiment, there are dots at the ends of each stroke of each letter.  Additionally, there could be what could be construed as dots on the cupcakes on the left hand side. Right?????
Digital Image:
  • Cupcakes:  The image on the front of the card is the image I received last month for participating in the Delightful Inspirations progressive card challenge.   It was mostly coloured using Copic markers.  CupcakesE31, E33, E39 (wrappers); BV000, BV00, BV02, BV04, Y11, Y13, Y15, R11, R14, R17 (tops).  HeartsG20, G24.  Grounding:  B00 (around top of cupcakes); green watercolour pencils (bottom of cupcakes).
Digital Sentiment:
  • Happy Birthday:  The sentiment I used on the front is from QKR Stampede.  
  • Go Forth & Eat CakeThe sentiment I used on the inside is from Scribbles Designs and is available HERE for purchase.  It was printed out on Recollections white cardstock using an ink that matched the designer paper.
  • Cupcakes that is: mine.
Paper Products:
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's CardstockSpice Market collection.
  • Designer Papers:  Striped paper (front & inside)--Recollections Bold Basics Paper Pad.  Bright yellow paper (shadow for image and sentiment)--Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.  
Embellishments:
  •  White hearts--from Dollarama.
Including Delightful Inspirations (link up top), these are the other challenges I hope to enter:
Thank you so much for stopping by.  As I've now added to my comment section, whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind.  Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer.   I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations.  If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.

Until next time,
 
Note: I apologize if there are any formatting issues.  This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own.  If it turns out that something looks wonky, i.e.--part of the sentence a different size than the rest, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahaha, this is such a fun card and yummy!!!! Love those cupcakes, you did fantastic coloring them... I love your creations, you are so talented. hugs

Crafting Vicky said...

This looks so yummy. What a bright and cheerful birthday card! I need to check out that challenge one day... just need to find more time to play lol

Pia S said...

Great card, Lisa! I love the striped, colorful DP you've used as background. And your choice of colors for the cupcakes work so well with the DP too! Plenty of sweetness!

Priscilla said...

Love that image :) Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGES
Priscilla

Sandra DeFalco said...

Looking good Lisa! Thank you so much for playing the CDAC ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE
Sandi ♥ Member of the CDAC DT

Jennifer said...

Lisa, this is wonderful! It makes me want to snack! hehehe Love the bright colour and how you used Sandy's great ticket inside!